Fluids

Fluids

Strange error when running PDF Transport model with density set to ideal gas

• dproud
      Subscriber
      Hello,I was hoping someone might be able to help me with an issue I've been having for a while when trying to run the Composition PDF Transport model to simulate a turbulent combustion problem.nPreviously I used a different combustion model (EDC) with no issues, however, when changing to the PDF model I get the following error:999999:mpt_accept:error:accept failed:No such file or directorynMPI Application rank 0 exited before MPI_Finalize() with status 2n The fl process could not be started.nnThe weird thing is that this error only occurs when the density is set to ideal-gas in the Edit Material panel (i.e. it is fine with either incompressible ideal gas and volume weighted mixing law). I have even tried this with a very basic simulation using the default mixture template and the same error occurs when setting the density to ideal-gas rather than incompressible.nI should also mention that this error only occurs when the Lagrangian option is selected for the PDF Transport, and it seems to be fine when Eulerian is selected. It also occurs whether the simulation is run in serial or parallel.nWould greatly appreciate any help with this issue, thanks.n
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      I am not sure which version are you using. I am not seeing any error messages when trying with 2020R2.n
    • dproud
      Subscriber
      Thanks for your response, I am using Fluent 19.2.n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      It could be version related, so updating to 2020R2 is recommended. What was written in the solver above the bit you posted? The 9999etc lines are fairly generic and there's often something more useful preceding them. n
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Please try with 2020R2 or 2020R1 version and let us know if the issue is still occurring for you then.n
    • dproud
      Subscriber
      Thanks both of you, after installing 2020R2 it now works. I'm assuming this is just a bug with the 19.2 software then? nAlso there was no additional message before the 999999 lines, they just occur straight away.nn
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Then probably was a bug which has been fixed. Happy Solving!n
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.