Fluids

Fluids

Streamline does not appear from the interface

• sumansapkota
      Subscriber

Hello,

I am designing a pump blade. While calculating the performance of the centrifugal impeller, I do not see the streamlines from the rotor-volute interface. I thought that the streamline of the whole rotor-volute domain could be visualized when I selected the streamline to start from the Inlet. But, it stops in the interface. The solution is converged and the head and efficiency criteria are met but I wanted to see the overall flow from inlet to outlet to map the turbulent regions. Is it because I have a huge gap (50 mm) at the rotor-volute interface? The interface is frozen rotor with pitch change set to automatic. I have uploaded the image and ccl file for the question. Thanking you.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Please can you post the image? Staff are not permitted to open attachments or links. 

If you plot contours of velocity does the result look sensible?

• sumansapkota
      Subscriber

It was solved. The gap is very large in between the rotor and the volute. It had to be decreased down to 1 mm.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Yes. The interface is designed to pass data between surfaces that are in close proximity: by close we're talking near enough on top of each other. 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.