Electronics

Electronics

Streamlining process of exporting Ansys Maxwell results on a Linux supercomputer.

• tesla
      Subscriber

I am trying to run parametric (optimetrics) simulations in Maxwell on a Linux supercomputer system.  I currently have a simulation infrastructure that I use on a Windows desktop machine in which I place all of the simulation files that I want to run in a specific folder and then call a python script in Maxwell, which loops through the files, opens each one, simulates the optimetrics setup in it, and calls another python exporter function to export the results to csv files.  The exporter function uses several different commands to perform a variety of tasks including creating reports, changing report properties (changing axis units), copying reports, pasting reports, and exporting reports to a file.  On Windows machines, I use the "RunScriptandExit" command with the "Iconic" option to run the python script.  However, that does not appear to work on the Linux machine.  The GUI does not work on that system and the existing python script crashes when we try to change the units for a report's Y2 axis.  I got the simulation to run using the "BatchSolve" command with the "ng" option, but I am wondering what would be the best approach for exporting the data after the optimetrics setup has been simulated?  It does not look like the "BatchExtract" command will let me do all of these different tasks.

• mgardner
      Subscriber

First off, I am a big fan of your work Mr. Tesla.

Second, it seems like you might be able to put the plots in your files before you simulate the files.  Then, you can just export the plots using the "BatchExtract" command.  However, this may slow down the simulation process because Maxwell will try to update all of the reports as each case simulates.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.