August 8, 2019 at 7:43 amJejeSubscriber
i made a study and now i have to analyse my results. But i am struggling with the stress result's as i don't know how to analyse it. I read a lot of papers, and it is said that stress should not change if the material properties change for the same load. I also read that there are True stress and Engineering one, so i guess my stress result's are about the True stress as it changes depending on the material properties.
How does ANSYS perform the calculation of the stress ? when is stress higher with a simple material or reinforced one ?
i am trying to make and justify assumptions.
Thanks in advance for your help !
August 9, 2019 at 12:04 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
Please reply with images inserted that show your model geometry, boundary conditions (loads and supports) and the stress plot. If your model has reinforcement, show that separately from the other material.
Also insert images from Engineering Data that show the table of properties for the materials you used in your model.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.