General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Stress analysis during welding

• Musiek17
      Subscriber
      Hello
      I model using Ansys Mechanical. I made a transient simulation simulation and obtained satisfactory results. I would like to write a structural one using the thermal results from the previous simulation but I have a problem. If the material above the temperature of the higher temperature, the stress should be 0, but I have a very high stress value. The maximum stress that I can obtain for this material is up to 220 MPa (Aluminum alloy 6060). I am sending you a photo of my results.

• 1shan
      Ansys Employee
      Hello Array,nnSorry, but I am not clear on what issue you are facing. I would like to write a structural one using the thermal results from the previous simulation but I have a problem - Do you want to couple the thermal results to the structural analysis? Could you please be more clear on If the material above the temperature of the higher temperature, the stress should be 0, but I have a very high stress value.nnRegards,nIshan.n
    • Musiek17
      Subscriber
      If the temperature in the weld is above the melting point, the material is in a liquid state, i.e. it must not have any stressesnn
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.