March 22, 2021 at 10:44 amMusiek17Subscriber
Hello I model using Ansys Mechanical. I made a transient simulation simulation and obtained satisfactory results. I would like to write a structural one using the thermal results from the previous simulation but I have a problem. If the material above the temperature of the higher temperature, the stress should be 0, but I have a very high stress value. The maximum stress that I can obtain for this material is up to 220 MPa (Aluminum alloy 6060). I am sending you a photo of my results.March 22, 2021 at 1:00 pm1shanAnsys EmployeeHello Array,nnSorry, but I am not clear on what issue you are facing. I would like to write a structural one using the thermal results from the previous simulation but I have a problem - Do you want to couple the thermal results to the structural analysis? Could you please be more clear on If the material above the temperature of the higher temperature, the stress should be 0, but I have a very high stress value.nnRegards,nIshan.nMarch 22, 2021 at 1:05 pmMusiek17SubscriberIf the temperature in the weld is above the melting point, the material is in a liquid state, i.e. it must not have any stressesnnViewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.