March 24, 2023 at 1:26 pmeLeN_93Subscriber
I am trying to model a stress analysis on a one-supported cantilever beam (50x50 um^2 and thickness 200nm) that after the load is applied, comes in contact with the substrate creating an s-shape deformation. I have created my geometry and my model properly and I managed to create the load as well in order to have this shape by adding a variable load that follows a deflection function. My issue is that, although I define my fixed supports and my contacts in the model, after the analysis the cantilever ''ignores'' the contact constraint and penetrates the substrate. I have tried all the different types of contacts and that is the case. I also found in some supporting forums online that you can increase the stiffness of the substrate to avoid that, but still. Does anyone know how can I fix that?
Thank you in advance
March 27, 2023 at 11:24 amVinayak VipradasAnsys Employee
Are you using the Default, ie Program Controlled Contact settings?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- User manual
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- material damping and modal analysis
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.