March 24, 2023 at 1:20 pmeLeN_93Subscriber
I am trying to model a stress analysis on a one-supported cantilever beam (50x50 um^2 and thickness 200nm) that after the load is applied, comes in contact with the substrate creating an s-shape deformation. I have created my geometry and my model properly and I managed to create the load as well in order to have this shape by adding a variable load that follows a deflection function. My issue is that, although I define my fixed supports and my contacts in the model, after the analysis the cantilever ''ignores'' the contact constraint and penetrates the substrate. I have tried all the different types of contacts and that is the case. I also found in some supporting forums online that you can increase the stiffness of the substrate to avoid that, but still. Does anyone know how can I fix that?
Thank you in advance
March 24, 2023 at 9:31 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
Insert a Contact Tool under the Connections folder and Generate Initial Contact Status. Look to see if the Frictional Contact is Closed, Near Open or Open.
If it is Open, that contact will be ignored during the solution so increase the Pinball Radius to make the contact Near Open.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Limitations to Student License?
- Not seeing any items in the ANSYS Workbench toolbox?
- Missing Analysis Systems from toolbox
- “An error occurred while starting the solver module.” – Maybe licence problem?
- FLUENT application Failed to start
- Please recommend the configuration of the computer workstation
- No license available at this time
- ANSYS License Manager Error
- I am using MacBook Pro with M1chip, how can I install or any other ways to use Ansys ?
- Your product license has numerical problem size limits…..
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.