General Mechanical

General Mechanical

stress analysis of DC motor

• swa123
      Subscriber

Hello

I am quite new to the field of stress analysis of DC motors.I must give RPM & TORQUE as my input parameters to know about equivalent stresses and deformation

When it comes to DC motor analysis I do not know where to start

Please let me know what kind of analysis must be carried for the required input parameters

Any kind of response will be helpful

Regards

Swathi

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

What would you do with the stress information if you had it?

• swa123
      Subscriber

we would like to know how does the motor structure behave for the give load and rpm

So based on the stress and strain that is acting,we would like to alter the design of the motor components for its best structural stability

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Do you care about stress or deformation? It sounds like you care about deformation.

Please show the critical location that you most want to reduce the deformation of.  Show where the housing is fixed to ground. Do you care about steady state deformation or also vibration?  Torque will affect steady-state deformation but RPM will have no effect on steady-state deformation.  Only if the rotor is unbalanced will RPM affect deformation, but that will be in the form of vibration, which is periodic motion.

Use the insert image button to put the images into the post.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.