General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Stress results shown in “Solution coordinate system”

• Garrijor
      Subscriber
      Hi guys, I'm working in the design of a chassis for a solar car and have been trying to run explicit dynamics simulations to determine the behaviour of the structure against different collision tests.

The problem arises when I ask the model for the stress results. I receive a warning indicating that "strain/stress results are shown in the Solution Coordinate System" and therefore the stress results are 0 in every beam of the chassis.

I don't have this problem with deformation. The deformation results are correctly shown in the screen and the values are reasonable.

This makes me believe Ansys is actually calculating stress on the chassis but I don't know how to access the "Solution Coordinate System" to view the results.

The geometry I'm running tests on, is a geometry made entirely of lines to which I gave a cross section.

I would like to know how can I run the explicit dynamics simulations on the lines model to get the stress values in the structure. Or what the "Solution Coordinate System" is.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.