July 17, 2018 at 6:29 amkartikSubscriber
hi, i'm having a bit trouble in converting the engineering stress- strain curve to true stress - strain curve. after converting the values and inputting them in multi-linear isotropic hardening the solution is not converging. (i converted to plastic strain and true stress, this input i had given in the engg data).
could anyone give a in detail procedure for inputting the material data from raw engg stress strain curve.
July 17, 2018 at 8:55 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
July 17, 2018 at 1:39 pmSandeep MedikondaAnsys Employee
What is the error message that you are seeing which is stopping the solution from converging?
Make sure that the max. plastic strain in your simulation is less than what you have input for the strain in the engineering data.
July 18, 2018 at 5:28 amkartikSubscriber
in that you have mentioned , the first line is yield stress. i didnt understand that,
i have followed the same steps from that post earlier but the values after inputting is not converging.
if you dont mind can you please just have a look at it and see if it is correct.
July 18, 2018 at 5:32 amkartikSubscriber
solver failed to converge
July 18, 2018 at 10:36 amSandeep MedikondaAnsys Employee
Yield stress is the value on your stress-strain plot beyond which the material starts to deform plastically, i.e., the deformation is permanent. Please post snapshots of your settings/model/error messages?
Here is a document that you might find helpful.
December 11, 2019 at 10:03 pm
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.