July 21, 2022 at 2:35 pmisis.barraud-rousselSubscriberI'm trying to do a simulation on a simple 120mm piece. I am working in quasi static. I defined a displacement of 1mm on one side and fixed the part on the other side. I have defined 50 substeps with large deflection on.To plot the graph I've got the reaction force of the displacement and divide by the area of stress in y axis and I've got the dispacement divide by the lengh in x axis.I only have the linear part of the graph and I don't know how to get the whole graph with the plastic region.Do I need to be in explicit dynamic?I appreciate any suggestionThank you for your help
July 25, 2022 at 2:24 pmChandra SekaranAnsys Employee
What type of plasticity did you include (bilinear, multilinear?) in the material properties? During solution did the part experience plastic strain? You can plot the plastic strain in the model to verify this.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- explicit dynamics
- Explicit dynamics ERRORS
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- getting zero maximum and minimum stress value in explicit analysis
- Which analysis to use for dynamic and quasi-static compression of auxetic structures?
- Running an explicit dynamics simulation on a composite plate
- LS-Dyna not appearing in ANSYS Workbench
- Euler Domain Restricting Simulation
- How do get Full values instead of just minimum and maximum ?
- Explicit dynamic modeling of machining process coupled with thermal