January 3, 2023 at 7:58 pmNajeeb RahmanSubscriber
How the stress components could be displayed as Vectors/Arrows in Workbenh. There is a potion of creation Vectors Principals in Workbench to displays Pirncipal Stresses Vectors.
Is there a way to display all stress components as Vectors in Workbench?
January 3, 2023 at 9:08 pmAnkush ChoudharySubscriber
As per the documentation " Certain result items can be displayed using vectors such as the vector principal stresses or vector principal strain results. Similarly total deformation, total velocity and total acceleration can also be displayed using vectors". Therefore other stresses cannot be displayed as vectors.
January 3, 2023 at 9:32 pmNajeeb RahmanSubscriber
Thanks for the clarification, Ankush,
Is there a way to determing, one of the Principal Stresses Orientaion, say with w.r.t to Global Coordinate System?
January 3, 2023 at 9:54 pmAnkush ChoudharySubscriber
If you plot the vector principal stress, you will get the orientation vector plot of the maximum, middle, and minimum principal in the global coordinate system. Then you can export those results into a text file by doing a right-click export, and you will get orientation values for the maximum, middle, and minimum principal in the global coordinate system.
January 3, 2023 at 9:58 pmNajeeb RahmanSubscriber
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.