General Mechanical

General Mechanical

STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS_DISTRIBUTED LOAD

• konsmi
      Subscriber

Hello everybody,

I would like to ask if there is any possibility to parameterize a distributed load or displacement in ANSYS?(distribution via tabular data)

Also if this is only feasible via apdl commands, I would be very thankful if anyone provides me with an paradigm  because I am not very familiar with apdl commands.

Thank you in advance.

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

It is very simple in Workbench to write an equation that creates a load as a function of a coordinate value. For example, hydrostatic pressure of water increases from zero at the surface as the depth increases.

How do you want to distribute the load?

• konsmi
      Subscriber

Actually, I am able to insert a load(in this case I inserted displacement in the centre of the upper lines of the geometry as you can observe the max indicator) and distribute it  along axis X via tabular data. But with this distribution option I am not able to parameterize the inserted displacement.

If this is only feasible via apdl commands, I would like to give me a paradigm about how to do it  because I am not very familiar with apdl commands.

Thank you  in advance.

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

I'm not very familiar with APDL either, but someone who is might reply. Good luck!

• Erik Kostson
      Ansys Employee
    • konsmi
      Subscriber

Thank you for the response. The problem is that I can not write an apdl  script via apdl commands which will provide me the same results as I get when I distribute the load(displacement) via tabular data  manually.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.