Preprocessing

Preprocessing

structured c mesh over aerofoil naca0012 using ICEM

• zein.elserfy
      Subscriber

I am using ICEM in order to generate a c mesh over aerofoil but I have problems with mesh quality and orthogonality quality. I have tried to use hexahedral smooth to make the control volumes close to aerofoil with low orthogonality quality more smoother but after using the hexahedral smooth the mesh become worse 

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Can you please insert few images?

Also you can have a look at 

Regards,

Keyur

• zein.elserfy
      Subscriber

have you seen the attached image ?

• raul.raghav
      Subscriber
      The association seems to have been messed up. Could you check your associations again and then try smoothing your mesh? And could you post a screenshot of your smoothing settings?
    • zein.elserfy
      Subscriber

I have attached a copy of the smooth setting I keep the default setting except for release orthogonality/initial heigh options in which the aerofoil curves are chosen.

for the association, all the curves are associated with edges

• raul.raghav
      Subscriber

Could you attach a screenshot of your pre-smoothened mesh highlighting the region with Quality 0.66 to 0.83?

Do you have any points in your geometry? If you do, have you associated them accurately? The smoother works based on the input mesh and even the slightest disassociation will cause a lot of issues.

Could you share your workbench archive file so we could take a quick look into it?

• zein.elserfy
      Subscriber

I have attached a screen shoot for the orthogonal quality and quality criterion 

• zein.elserfy
      Subscriber

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZkPePQN1ucxbeUmd9Y83hkY270SGpsUp

this the link for icem project file

• zein.elserfy
      Subscriber

the cells with low orthogonal quality are those on the aerofoil as I am using y=6e-8 m to get yplus=1

• raul.raghav
      Subscriber

The link you shared contains only the project file and the mesh file. Can you zip the entire folder including the .blk file in it.

• zein.elserfy
      Subscriber

hi Rahul,

I have attached the zip file and uploaded it on the same link.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZkPePQN1ucxbeUmd9Y83hkY270SGpsUp

best regards

Zein

• zein.elserfy
      Subscriber

hi Rahul;

Have you check the files?

best regards

Zein

• zein.elserfy
      Subscriber

does anyone have a solution for that problem

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.