LS Dyna

LS Dyna

Stuck at 5% Solving the Mathematical Model

• andre46
      Subscriber

I have been trying to simulate a car frame crashing into a wall for an entire day now. When I solve the system, the progress gets stuck at "(5%) Solving the mathematical model". I interrupted the solution and saw that I had 83 overlapping connections. I deleted the auto-generated connections, and manually applied bonded connections to the joints. This removed the overlapping connections, however the progress bar gets stuck at the same spot. Interrupting now give the warning "There are bonded connection(s) where none of the Candidate nodes found a Target face. A node will be bonded to the closest face only and this may therefore result in non-bonded nodes. See log and prt file for more information.". Is there something I should be looking for in the model?

• Missy Ji
      Ansys Employee
      I guess there are gaps or interferences in the bonded contacts you defined, you can modify you geometry or increase the bonded contact tolerance, If the gap is big, it would be better if you modify the geometry,n
    • andre46
      Subscriber

I guess there are gaps or interferences in the bonded contacts you defined, you can modify you geometry or increase the bonded contact tolerance, If the gap is big, it would be better if you modify the geometry,https://forum.ansys.com/discussion/comment/109482#Comment_109482

I have modified the geometry and made sure that there are no gaps or intersecting bodies. How would I alter the bonded contact tolerance?n
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.