Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Student License 18.2

• Edem930527
      Subscriber
      Hi!

I installed the Ansys 18.2, because of my thesis. I use this version because my University use this and I need more cells than student license allow.

After I installed the Ansys I opened it and I can not see the programs (CFX, Fluent, Geometry, etc.) like I do not have a license. So I check the license and I saw I have a student license. I thought I have made mistake when I installed the software, so I uninstalled it and deleted the other folders include the license folder.
      So I reinstalled the program and check it. I noticed with regret that I can not use any software. 

I attached a screenshot what I see on my monitor.

I hope you can help me!
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber

You need to uninstall ANSYS and clean out three directories before you install ANSYS again.

In Windows Explorer, type %AppData% in the path field. You will be in the Roaming directory. Delete the Ansys folder, then go up a level and down to the Local directory and delete that Ansys folder too.

Then go to C:Program Files and delete all Ansys folders there. A restart can't hurt at this point.

Where are you getting your installation media?  You can't use the zip file that was downloaded from this Free Student site. You have to get the installation media from your institution. The ASC for your institution would have downloaded the media from the Customer Portal.

• Edem930527
      Subscriber

Hi!

Thanks for your answer!

I tried what you suggested, but it didn't work.

I download this version from Ansys Site (one year ago). But I asked my teacher, to give me the installation zip file!

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

First check the status of the license by going to All Programs > ANSYS 18.2 > ANSYS Client Licensing > Client ANSLIC_ADMIN Utility 18.2

When that program opens, select View Status > View the License Status. There will be a list of all the licenses and whether they are in use or not.

If no licenses are showing, perhaps you have not configured the Client ANSLIC_ADMIN Utility 18.2 to point to the license server?  You have to know the computer name where the ANSYS license server is running, and the two port numbers.  Do you have that information?  Whoever is the ASC for your institution would know this information.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.