Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Free Student Software

Student Product Release Policy

• Vishal Ganore
      Ansys Employee
      Policy: Ansys provides download options for three latest student versions only. Prior release download packages beyond three recent releases will not be retained/provided on the download page. nHow to renew old student versions not available on download page: nIf you have an installation of a prior release that has an expired license then you can follow these instructions to upgrade that expired license key.nAdditional information:nFor each release we build in the license key which has a duration of 12 months ? At this time it is not practical for us to go back and rebuild the downloads that fall outside of the two prior release window.nWe understand that there are cases where a university professor is continuing to teach using a prior release, and that University IT staff time software version upgrades to fall during semester breaks to minimize disruption. In such cases, we encourage students that need installations of a prior release Ansys Student product to work with their professor to gain access to the relevant Ansys Academic Teaching licenses, or ideally get their professor to upgrade to a more recent release ? Using the most recent release will ensure that you have the absolute best simulation experience, latest, fastest solvers, access to the very latest features. Note also, that although the difference between two point releases introduces many cool feature enhancements, the products? general UI and workflow changes should not be disruptive to course content and shouldn?t prohibit a Professor from upgrading - Updating a lab?s software installation is relatively straightforward, and could be implemented overnight or at a weekend.n
    • matei777
      Subscriber
      Hello VGANORE,nCan ASNSYS 2019R3 available in Prior Releases section be installed now and getting access for 12 moths?nI am asking this because after installing and modifying the date in license file (student), because the Analysis Systems were not available in the toolbox, I have got the following error when I tried to open the SpaceClaim:n n
    • peternewmancsh
      Subscriber
      nModifying the date in the license file does not grant you a longer usage time. Delete that license file. Download the latest version of software, and follow these directions to extract a new license file.nhttps://forum.ansys.com/discussion/19805/how-to-renew-ansys-student-product-licensen
    • matei777
      Subscriber
      thank you very much !neverything works fine!n
    • sagarpatil925
      Subscriber
      Hello VGANORE,nAs you mentioned Ansys provides download options for three latest student versions only. Please Suggest how can i find Ansys Workbench R2 2020. i visited home page but their is only R1 2021 version available for ansys academic.nPlease suggest.n
    • Vishal Ganore
      Ansys Employee
      Please look under prior release section here: https://www.ansys.com/academic/students/ansys-studentn
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.