May 10, 2023 at 7:05 ammert.dedebeyogluSubscriber
When i try to run the submodel, the contacts not working. I am using cut boundary constraint option.
I suppressed a couple of parts in the original model and add a new part to the analysis. I am trying to get displacement and run for submodel with contacts. However, contacts not working in displacement imported step.
Is is possible to use contacts in submodelling in ANSYS.
May 10, 2023 at 8:42 amErik KostsonAnsys Employee
Contacts in submodelling can be used,
as submodelling on a static system is the same as a normal static system (including contact definition etc.), but with the adddition that we have the
Submodeling / Cut boundary loads on the static system that represents the submodel.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- User manual
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- material damping and modal analysis
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.