Fluids

Fluids

Substantially Different Results with Newer Version of Fluent

• cwl6750084
      Subscriber
      I wonder if anyone encounters the same problem. I am running a case file, created using a previous version of Fluent, in the newer versions of Fluent (18.2 and 19.2). The case file was able to read in Fluent with no problems, it did not show any errors. However, the results I got from the newer version is substantially different from the one when I run with the old version of Fluent. It seems that the issue is with the cavitation model. However, I could not figure out how to change/tune the model to get back the results (I tuned all parameters - including setting the condensation and evaporation coefficients to zeroes, but that did not work.)nnThe results that I got from the previous version of Fluent is correct, compared to literature results.nnThanks for any thoughts.nn
    • Karthik R
      Administrator
      I'm replying to your question here.n

I wonder if anyone encounters the same problem. I am running a case file, created using a previous version of Fluent, in the newer versions of Fluent (18.2 and 19.2). The case file was able to read in Fluent with no problems, it did not show any errors. However, the results I got from the newer version is substantially different from the one when I run with the old version of Fluent. It seems that the issue is with the cavitation model. However, I could not figure out how to change/tune the model to get back the results (I tuned all parameters - including setting the condensation and evaporation coefficients to zeroes, but that did not work.)The results that I got from the previous version of Fluent is correct, compared to literature results.Thanks for any thoughts.https://forum.ansys.com/discussion/20031/substantially-different-results-with-newer-version-of-fluent

Please refrain from creating duplicate posts to help us support in an efficient manner.nThanks.nKarthikn
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.