February 7, 2023 at 8:37 pmDavid CastilloSubscriber
I was hoping to get some guidance regarding superposition in WorkBench.
I have a model undergoing a temperature cycle stress condition and I want to use this solution as my base model for other mechanical stresses (for instance, some forces or pressures acting on the model). Is it possible to nest the solution of a static structural simulation to another static structural instance?
February 8, 2023 at 8:54 amErik KostsonAnsys Employee
The best way is to do all in one model (so temp stress first step, and then adding other loads in second or third step).
In 2023 r1 we have a Restart Analysis Extension that comes with the install that might be of help.
Search in the 2023 help manual for Restart Analysis Extension
All the best
February 8, 2023 at 7:40 pmDavid CastilloSubscriber
Thank you so much this was very helpful.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
- Colors and Mesh Display
- material damping and modal analysis
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.