January 5, 2018 at 2:58 pmRaef.KobeissiSubscriberThis CFD ANSYS tutorial demonstrates how to mesh a 2D object and carry out a supersonic CFD simulation. The objective of this simulation is to capture the oblique shock wave at an expected angle from the horizontal line of the object. I used an online tool to calculate the expected angle of the shock wave and the downstream flow Mach number. I used the density based solver and the K-Omega SST model in this simulation.
To use the tool, please go to http://raefkobeissi.com/oblique/shockwave.aspx
CFD ANSYS Tutorial - Oblique shock wave at supersonic speed | FLUENT
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Heat transfer coefficient
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Floating point exception
- How to model free convection warming of liquid in a plastic bag