November 23, 2018 at 4:33 am
November 26, 2018 at 4:44 pmSandeep MedikondaAnsys Employee
It is not obvious to me what the X Y and Z axes represent in the two geometry figures for SURF154 (Figure 154.1). They seem to match the direction of those in the first pressure load figure (Figure 154.2) but those are based on a non-default element coordinate system. The triad is usually for global Cartesian so they are not the default nodal directions. The Xij in the geometry figure is for the default element coordinate system X axis. I think it is a documentation defect and I've already filed one as well. I see that SURF152 which is the 3D thermal surface effect element shows only one triad and it also says "The element x-axis is parallel to the I-J side of the element."
Anyway, Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
Guidelines to the Student Community
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Errors – Reinforced Concrete Beam
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- Cannot apply load on node
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Colors and Mesh Display