April 6, 2020 at 4:41 pmjg19abuSubscriber
This specific case is regarding a winglet design but it's not the first time that happens. The process was the following:
- It was designed in Catia V5
- Then imported to Spaceclaim 19.2 to clean it up and create the domain
- Finally, using "file>import>CAD", the ".sdoc" from spaceclaim was imported to Fluent Meshing 19.2
The geometry imported from Catia to Spaceclaim was perfectly similar, but when imported to Fluent it suffers a severe deformation. My question is, how can it be avoided and why does it happen. An image is attached below to figure out the problem better.
April 7, 2020 at 4:30 amKeyur KanadeAnsys Employee
please check tolerance while importing fluent meshing.
also you can use other route.
export .tgf file from spaceclaim. you can change options as well.
If this helps, please mark this post as 'Is Solution' to help others.
April 7, 2020 at 10:43 am
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to work with STL file?
- drawing a geometry by importing a table of points
- Using Symmetry in DesignModeler and Expanding the Results
- section plane
- material properties
- Rotate tool in ANSYS Design Modeler
- ANSYS FLUENT – Operation would result in non manifold bodies
- Parameters not imported into Workbench 18.2 from Solidworks/Inventor
- Geometry scaling
- Convert Surface body to solid
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.