Fluids

Fluids

Surface mesh issues

Tagged: 

• matallen98
      Subscriber
      I am simulating fluid flow around a model of a Ford Transit van for my final year project. I'm using ANSYS Fluent as the CFD software. The model was repaired and prepared in space claim and then imported to fluent as faceted CAD. I'm trying to do a mesh sensitivity test, so started with a coarse mesh. However, when I have come to do this remeshing takes an hour and will not complete. On the off chance that it does, no cells are created and I cant then make a volume mesh or take it into the solver without an invalid mesh error. I've tried YouTube and uni tutorials but I don't know what else to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.n
    • matallen98
      Subscriber
      Edit// I have gone about it in a different method. I am now getting an error for the surface mesh:nError: arg(3rd) out of range in substringnError Object: 6nI have set the local sizing and changed minimum sizing to a larger value and am still getting the error.n
    • YasserSelima
      Subscriber
      How many cells do you have in the coarse model?nAre you using the student version? There is a limitation on the number of cells in the student versionn
    • matallen98
      Subscriber
      Its the student version so there's a limit of 512000 cells. However, when I create the surface mesh it shows the error I specified previously and creates zero cells.n
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.