August 15, 2023 at 5:05 amMichael PedersenSubscriber
I've been working on an FEA of a battery segment cover. So far my process has been:
- Solidworks CAD ->
- Spaceclaim & check geometry (no errors found). Seperate all part into individual components (frictionless contacts)->
- Run ansys mechanical, default mesh sizing.
I then get the title as an error message, or the error message shown below. Can anyone help, so far:
- Changing the default mesh size
- Seperated the parts in spaceclaim
August 16, 2023 at 8:29 amSampat KumarAnsys Employee
As you can use the number of options available after right click on the mesh to see which one is more suitable.
1. Use the multizone method in the method option after right click on the mesh.
2. You can perform selective meshing for the individual part and verify which part is failing.
3. Change the mesh sizes for the parts that failed to mesh.
4. Remove mesh defeaturing by navigating to “Mesh” >> “Sizing” >> “Mesh Defeaturing” >> “No”, and see if that helps.
5. you can use the tet mesh patch-independent method if you face any problem with the multizone.
Please let me know if you face any issues.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- User manual
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Defining rigid body and contact
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.