Fluids

Fluids

surface meshing

• veera
      Subscriber
      dear sir nits possible to mesh only mesh on the 3d surface in ansys cfd meshing (ansys WB), EVERY TIME I GIVE PREVIEW THE SURFACE MESAND ITS GENERATE MESH FOR WHOLE 3D VOLUME , PLS HELP ME TO KNOWn
    • Karthik R
      Administrator
      Hello,nWhen you right-click on a surface to Preview the Surface Mesh', WB meshing creates a preview of the surface mesh on that body. It does not create a volume mesh yet. If you however right-click to 'Generate mesh on Selected Bodies', it will generate the volume mesh.nI hope this answers your question.nThank younKarthikn
    • Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      Why do you want to generate only surface mesh? nSolver needs volume mesh.nPlease provide more information. Upload images. nYou can also use Fluent Meshing or ICEM for generating surface mesh. nRegards,nKeyurnGuidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning ForumnHow to access ANSYS help linksnn
    • veera
      Subscriber
      actually most of the larger problem , simply give mesh not mean of mesh is good , so i want to control the mesh quality on the surface itself , i mean good surface mesh which is capturing all the flow physics , for that i want to control the mesh on the surface initially nfor that i select the surface and previews the mesh on the selected surface and its taking long time to get like volume mesh on the entire body.ni have one important question , ansys wb is volume to surface approach or surface to volume approach?n
    • Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      If you use patch independent method then it is volume to surface. nIf you use patch dependent method then it is surface to volume. nYou approach is good. Generating surface mesh. Then improving it and once you get good surface mesh then go for volume mesh. nAt the same time you can create volume mesh. Check where are bad elements and then modify geometry or modify sizing to improve mesh. nRegards,nKeyurnGuidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning ForumnHow to access ANSYS help linksnn
    • veera
      Subscriber
      kkanadenthank you sirn I will update youn
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.