3D Design

3D Design

Surfaces to Solid

• sameerfares
      Subscriber

Hello.

How can i turn these surface into a solid?

Regards,

Sam

• sameerfares
      Subscriber

i think i figured it out.  I used Fill. Is that the correct way?

Thanks,

Sam

• sameerfares
      Subscriber

But when i tried to extract a beam from this solid it failed. Not sure why?

Thanks,

Sam

• desouzadacosta
      Subscriber

I can try, Can you upload the.scdoc?

• sameerfares
      Subscriber

i just uploaded the file.

Thanks,

Sam

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Hi Sam,

Can you try Windows Snipping Tool instead of whatever you are using for screen snaps?
      My scroll wheel is getting worn out scrolling to the bottom of your posts with the long whitespace in the image.

To make a solid from those surfaces, go to the Repair tab and use Stitch to connect all the surfaces together, then use the Missing Faces tool to make a solid.

Regards,

Peter

• sameerfares
      Subscriber

Hi Peter,

I have been using windows snipping tool then pasting to document then save as JPEG, then i insert the image by picking the document. i am sure there is a better way.

Once i use Windows Snipping Tool and snip the image then what is the next step?

Thanks,

Sam

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Hi Sam,

After you use the Snipping Tool, Save with the tool. It doesn't matter if you save as .png or .jpg.  Insert the image by picking the .png or jpg file you saved in the Snipping Tool.  Don't paste it into a document and then insert the document. That is causing your images to have a size of 1020 x 1320 pixels, which is a lot of whitespace.

You could install Greenshot, which is superior to the Snipping Tool because it is launched by pressing the PrtSc button on the keyboard.

Regards,

Peter

• sameerfares
      Subscriber

Installed Greenshot. Thanks Peter!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.