May 10, 2022 at 11:19 pmLuisAlbertSubscriber
I am simulating a straight waveguide, but right now I want to see the behavior of GVD as a function of the width of the waveguide. How can i do it? I know that I have to Sweep the waveguide dimension but I am struggling with that.
I really appreciate your help.May 11, 2022 at 7:49 pmGuilin SunAnsys EmployeeYou can write a simple script to sweep the width, and follow this example to get the result:
Please note that you when you do frequency sweep, you can just use the same frequency as the stop frequency as internally the software will get accurate result.
Your script may look like this:
define the width matrix with ND points
define GVD result matrix
modified online example;
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- The topic ‘Sweep in waveguide dimension’ is closed to new replies.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Why my simulation result is different from published paper or experiment?
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ganhemt Project mistake can you help me
- How to calculate the cross-polarization efficiency and phase in FDTD
- save data error
- Simulation of a single pillar of a peltier cooler
- EME : field profile and cell periodicity
- Ansys Insight: Single frequency CW source
- What is the meaning of this error ” Bad termination of…” ?
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.