May 23, 2023 at 2:25 pm
May 24, 2023 at 9:30 amNanda VerallaAnsys Employee
Have you tried orient tool available in assembly? That can fix this. Another way is using move tool, you need to select the bolt body and rotate it by 180 degrees about your X or Z axis.
Guidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning Forum
How to access ANSYS help links
May 24, 2023 at 9:33 amTim DietlSubscriber
Hello Nanda, yes it tried this and it worked. But was just wondering if there is a button in spaceclaim to quickly flip the bolt in the right direction.
May 24, 2023 at 10:17 amNanda VerallaAnsys Employee
For flipping the bolt, it's a bit long process. You need to follow this procedure:
- Move each solids into new components.
- Select any face on the plate as anchor.
- Using align tool, align the top face of bolt head to top face of plate, Also you need to align the cylindrical face of bolt to the hole of plate.
- when you open the component which contains anchor, and go to the align section, by right clicking it will show the option, reverse sense
However, this will not reverse the bolt face, but it will create an align relation copy in bolt component system. When you "reverse sense" again in anchor component and go back to bolt component, where a copy align is created, you need to "reverse sense" here. This will flip the bolt exactly opposite to it's current orientation.
Here is an Ansys help link that will describe this further.
If you need a video assistance, there are some youtube sources available online that demonstrates this, when you search for "Spaceclaim assembly tools". Hope this helps.
May 24, 2023 at 10:46 amTim DietlSubscriber
Hello Nanda, thanks a lot!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- User manual
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- material damping and modal analysis
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.