March 7, 2022 at 9:35 amHaiquanSubscriber
Suppose we have a cylinder subjected to torque in axial direction as shown below. Is it possible to use ¼ or ½ model in the simulation? Thank you!March 8, 2022 at 12:44 ampeteroznewmanSubscriberYou can use a Beam model to reduce the number of nodes in the simulation compared with meshing a solid cylinder with solid elements. Create a line body and assign a cylindrical cross-section.
March 8, 2022 at 6:51 amHaiquanSubscriberThank you very much for your comment! The beam is a good choise ! But if the length of cylinder is short, it seems not work well
Viewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.