General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Symmetry region boundary applied in dynamic analysis (vibration)

• minghui.dai
      Subscriber

Currently, I meet problems on the symmetry boundary applied in vibration simulation for a axisymmerty

model. Symmetry region boundary setting seems not to support modal analysis & dynamic analysis.

As pictures shown below. when using symmetry region boundary, it can't get all the modes.

2 discussion points on symmetry structures simplification for vibration simulation:

• When setting the symmetry region boundary, whether are there solutions to getting all modes in 1 model analysis? so that it could continue the harmonic or other dynamic analysis.
      •  Are there other simplification methods to deal with a symmetry model? such as setting a remote point.

• Florian.CHANCEL
      Subscriber

Hello,
      In Modal or buclking analysis, symmetry cannot be used, because the resulting diplacements are not symetric.
      I think, it's not possible to use other method like Remote point, or something like this.
      Regards,

Florian

• minghui.dai
      Subscriber

Hello, Florian,

Thank you for your information, I learnt from the help document and some vedio introduction, indeed, the symetric region couldn't be applied in model & dynamic analysis.

I still hope there are a method to do simuplication due to it's too complex to deal with the whole models.

• Florian.CHANCEL
      Subscriber

I saw an option for axisymmetric solid model (it doest not work on beam model).
      I never used it, maybe you can try ?

It’s the option “General symmetric” in Symmetric region definition. This option removes the restriction to have loading and deformation responses neet to be axisymmetric

at 6 min 30

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

@minghui.dai

If the whole model is too large to solve, that indicates that more effort needs to be expended in idealizing the model. Changing Tet mesh to Hex mesh, changing solid elements for shell or beam elements. That way, a large reduction in node and element count can be realized and the whole model can run.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.