Fluids

Fluids

System Coupling with custom materials

• Shayor
      Subscriber

Hello everyone.I have been stuck with System Coupling problem for a long time now.I have previously asked about other aspects of it.While I think I corrected most of them but I have a new question which I think is also relat

My question is does using custom materials in Mechanical and Fluent.Not standard materials in the libraries.Will using different materials (with same values for variables involved in defining them however) cause the Coupling to crash?

The materials are blood and blood vessel.The pictures shows how they have been defined.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Providing those values remain sensible over your modelling range then they shouldn't affect the solver stability. However, if the density/viscosity has a major effect on the pressure; or the wall stretchiness makes the shape deform excessively I would expect problems.
    • Stephen Orlando
      Ansys Employee
      FSI simulations with very soft materials or membranes are prone to numerical instabilities. In 2020R1 we have introduced a stabilization method in System Coupling called the Quasi-Newton Stabilization Algorithm. Note that this has to be used with the new System Coupling GUI or Command Line Interface that is run outside of Workbench. More information here: https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v221/en/sysc_ug/sysc_gen_scservice_dt_supplemental_iqnils.html
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.