Ansys Products

Ansys Products

System/hardware requirements for high demanding projects

• monipmf
      Subscriber
      Hi everyone,nwe are planning to buy a little cluster for working on 'heavy' projects but I came accross some doubts and it would be great if someone could give me a hand.nI?m used to work on a Windows workstation and, assuming that this cluster will run on Linux (on which I have very little experience), which skills do I have to acquire to being able to work efficiently on that environment?nAnd how the job management will differ from a Windows workstation in terms of GUI, real-time monitor and so on?n nMoreover, how can one estimate the hardware effort required by a project?nWhich are the indicators that can show how many cores and RAM is better to have to solve efficiently a particular model?n n Thanks in advance,nMon
    • Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Which solver are you wanting to run? For CFD we may want many cores and a fair amount of RAM: Mechanical doesn't scale as well (it's still pretty good) so you may want fewer cores but more RAM and SSD drives. n
    • monipmf
      Subscriber
      nnwe do most structural analysis. Do you think it would be possible to stimate the relation between number of equations of a model and hardware requirements?.Thank you,nMon
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      We have rules of thumb, will have a better idea for Mechanical: I use the Fluent CFD code. n
    • Aniket
      Ansys Employee
      For Mechanical performance, Please check:nSpecifically:nto estimate RAM and I/O requirements.nn-AniketnHow to access Ansys help linksnGuidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning Forumn
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.