December 22, 2022 at 5:40 amiqnloSubscriber
I am following this instruction to analyse the mode in the silicon waveguide.Optimizing waveguide geometry for single-mode – Ansys Optics
However, the four modes in the figure are labelled as TE1, TE2/TM1, TE2/TM1, TM2
May I ask why there are so many TE2/TM1, TE2/TM1 and no TE0, TM0?
Thanks a lot!
December 22, 2022 at 3:40 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
Please check the mode profile and compare with the TE0 definition to identify what mode it is.
December 22, 2022 at 3:42 pm
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.