August 6, 2019 at 2:20 pmZoeYuanSubscriber
I am modelling catalytic surface reaction using imported CHEMKIN mechanism in a single-channel model via ANSYS Fluent. However, the model doesn't converge at all and shows error message as below. I don't quite understand what cause the 'Invalid cp (000000e+00 J/kgK) for chemkin-import at temperature 1.#QNAN0 K' in the error message, because I have checked the thermodynamic data file and it looks alright. Can anyone tell me what causes this issue please?
The CHEMKIN mechanism describes elementary reactions of C3H6, CO oxidation and NO reduction over a Pt/Rh catalyst, and the mechanism was obtained from following website: https://www.detchem.com/mechanisms. I imported the mechanism and related thermodynamic data file into Fluent according to the steps listed in User's Manual and the mechanism was successfully imported as shown below.
For the reference, I chose pressure-based solver and transient simulation. The energy model and species transport model was switched on, and the flow was assumed to be laminar.
March 29, 2021 at 9:28 amEason_23SubscriberWhat's your version of Ansys?n
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.