Fluids

Fluids

Temperature Profile in Curved Channel

Tagged: ,

• NoIdea08
      Subscriber

I would like to implement a temperature profile as a boundary condition along a wall in a curved channel. The profile should always be normal to the bottom wall and along the right wall. The problem is that i cant use the y coordinate as a reference since the channel is curved.

How can i implement a temperature profile which is depended on the distance from the bottom wall?

• Swathi V. V.
      Ansys Employee
      Hello Can you try to apply the thermal boundary condition as an expression w.r.t to the coordinate perpendicular to bottom wall ( the direction along which you need the temperature variation)
      Please refer to : https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v221/en/flu_ug/flu_ug_expressions_create_directly_applied.html?q=expression%20boundary%20condition
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      If you know the temperature through the solid, can you skip that part and just apply that value to the "wet" side of the wall?
    • NoIdea08
      Subscriber
      Thank you very much for your help. Unfortunately i still couldn't figure out a way to implement a temperature profile.
      @SVV: Yes this is what i need. A cordinate which is perpendicular to the bottom wall. But i still cant figure out how to express this using expressions. I tried to get the distance from a boundary zone but used the wrong syntax --> ElementWallDistance('bottom_wall)
      Could you maybe tell which is the correct way to express the distance from a specific boundary zone/ wall?
      Thank you very much!

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      It's not quite that simple as the data isn't known other than in the near wall cell. You need a UDF to move from the wall facet and calculate the cell centre distance. That's not going to be easy.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.