July 15, 2018 at 4:58 amkrishnadondapatiSubscriber
Can anyone give me some insight on tensile failure modeling in the rock material?
I tried to model using M-C with Rankine and D-P Criterion but after reaching its tensile limit material was not failing.
could please help me in this regard.
July 15, 2018 at 12:19 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
July 16, 2018 at 2:25 amkrishnadondapatiSubscriber
Thank you for your help, I tried to use those suggestions but I'm not able to model the tensile crack patterns in the rock. surely will send you the archive one of my Prof. suggested me to use explicit dynamic to model the plasticity in rock material I'm running that model I'm attaching that with this.
version: Ansys 18.2
But I heard that with the Solid65 element we can model the cracking in rock like material, if you have any idea about it can you please let me know how to implement it in the implicit analysis.
July 16, 2018 at 3:06 am
July 16, 2018 at 8:28 amkrishnadondapatiSubscriber
Thank you, will go through those discussions.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.