March 24, 2021 at 1:53 amHolguinvSubscriberMarch 24, 2021 at 8:26 amErik KostsonAnsys EmployeeHinnI would look through some of the courses to learn how to use the software - then one could start modelling - for instance very important in FE is to apply the correct boundary conditions (BC), and that represent reality.nnOne way to have a pinned connection at the holes is not to apply a fixed BC, but a remote displacement which has all of the rotations free (see the help manual about remote displacement). Then we could pull it in one direction and look at the force reaction (this is a result which we can look at in Workbench Mechanical) at the remote displacement to get the force.nnAll the bestnnEriknViewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.