November 1, 2017 at 8:43 amMin ZhangSubscriber
In order to add the mass, momentum and energy sources to the governing equation, some User CEL Functions are called in the simulation, where the number of mesh nodes is about 3 millions. Meanwhile, the Intel MPI Local Parallel run mode (20 partitions) is chosen. The iteration loop is normal and fast. However, when i stop the solver run in process or the solver automatically writes backup file, the termination or writing process may spend more than 3 hours. This is very strange. Does someone know why?
November 1, 2017 at 11:43 amMin ZhangSubscriber
This problem may be caused by an issue that CFX 16.2 is not compatible well with Intel Fortran Composer XE2011. I just installed the Ansys 15.0, then started the same run and stopped it, everything became normal.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.