3D Design

3D Design

The absolutely serious problem is again to skatch a new model, because I change the dimensions.

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

The absolutely serious problem is again to skatch a new model, because I change the dimensions, it change it, but it does not change the dimensions on the drawing - it does not change its lengths, etc. So it is not clear to me what to do with the drawing at all! Thanks The version is up to date. i. e. Ansys 19.2. Thanks

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

it does not change its lengths, but the value is there, but the length of the line does not change at all.

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Please post some screen snapshots of the problem.

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

What tool you are using? Is it Design Modeler or SpaceClaim. Also insert image to explain. 

Regards,

Keyur

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Moving to CAD Geometry category to get better response. 

Regards,

Keyur

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

Of course Desing Modeler

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

It seems to me that Microsoft has made an action to repair my Windows 10 and it seems that this can me the problem, however I have to ask Dell to give me a new Windows 10 to reinstall it, because otherwise I will have a huge problems. But I have to save all the  data to my external disk...but what you think about this?

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Where are the screen snapshots of your problem?

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Hello,

What issues are you having with your copy of Windows 10? If you elaborate on these, we might be able to tell you if they are affecting any ANSYS products.

About your earlier question regarding DM, you might have placed some constraints on your geometry which might be preventing you from modifying the dimensions. As suggested by Peter, you might want to share some screenshots of the same for us to provide more specific answer.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Karthik 

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

19.2 Version Ansys done

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

And if you need the complrex view of the whole view, I will do it! And of course I had a problem that they wanted to make a problem I had not to safe any file, but they switch off everything even the internet and I was unable to communicate with them, later on it was impossible to reinstall the laptop and later I have done it, but I may say that this might be a problem with Ansys functionability.

Jiri

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

The grey colouring implies that you've adjusted one (or more) dimensions or constraints to create an impossible design. Work through the model to see which dimensions conflict (angles, radii tend to be the common ones) and delete the offending dimension or constraint. 

An example would be a line is set as a tangent to two circles with a length and then you've changed the diameter of one of the circles. 

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

The basic problem is that normally it can change the dimension if you change the dimension/the value, but it did not want to do it. So what can you say in this case. I do not think I can start to think in your way of thinking.

Thanks

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Hello Georgiro, 

The question is still not very clear.The image and description does not explain your problem in detail. 

As rwoolhou has already mentioned, you might have added over-constraints. Please go through your sketch and check which dimensions are in conflict. If you find it difficult, please delete all dimensions and try to give it again one by one. 

Also while working on ANSYS student community we use following best practices. 

Best practices to fully leverage the ANSYS Academic Community:

• Be efficient - As our community grows it is becoming more likely that you are not the first to ask this question. Please search before creating a new post.

• Be clear - Provide supporting screenshots, error messages, and background information. No simulation files will be opened by ANSYS support engineers.

• Be precise  - Please use the right tags to help our engineers find your question.

• Be patient - Please allow three days for someone to get back to you, if you have an urgent question, please email your ANSYS Account Manager.

• Be helpful - Please help our community grow by answering other's questions and telling your academic colleagues about this resource.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Keyur

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

Because I did not have any problem even with working with 15.0.7 and there was not any problem, why I should have a problem with the school 2018 year  versáíh 19.2, I really cannot understand the problem. But thanks for the details.

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

Still trying to read all your details, but it is not clear to me to find out what shall I do? And especially, my Fluent 15.0.7 worked well, but does not work now at all. So what is your suggenstion? Thanks

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Hello, 

For every release there would be lot of changes in the code and also usability. So you will find lot of changes from R15.0.7 to R19.2. 

Also if model is over constrained then it should not work in R15 as well. So as discussed, can you please explain your problem step by step. You can insert image for each step you are doing. It would help us to identify the issue. 

Regards,

Keyur

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

OK. I will do it. Thanks

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

The only think that should be here mentioned is that I use only SpaceClaim and it is not possible to finish dimensioning!!! Thanks for ideas! I still have these problems.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

What problems? The above images are for DesignModeler. I'll lock this topic as you've marked Keyur's post as an answer. Please start a new topic and CLEARLY state the problem along with images/sketches of what you're expecting/wanting to happen. 

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.