Fluids

Fluids

The CHEMKIN mechanism can not be imported into FLUENT

• Eason_23
      Subscriber

I'm trying to import a CHEMKIN reaction mechanism into FLUENT, but there are always some problems, sometimes the FLUENT turns itself off, sometimes it's the same as in the image below.

• RK
      Ansys Employee
      Hello, nYou will have to load the species into Fluent, that is what the error is indicating. You can add the missing species from the Fluent database from the Create / Edit Materials. n
    • Eason_23
      Subscriber
      Hello RK,nThank you for your apply. But every time this happened, Fluent turned itself off within seconds, and I didn't have a chance to add material.n
    • Eason_23
      Subscriber
      Hello RK,nThank you for your reply. But every time this happened, Fluent turned itself off within seconds, and I didn't have a chance to add material.n
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      1/Which mechanism files are you reading?n2/In Which Version?n
    • Eason_23
      Subscriber
      Hello Amine,nThis is the mechanism file.nnThe version I'm using is Ansys2020R2.nMany thanks.n
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Is Fluent writing any out files in the directory you are trying to read the mechanism? Can you check them (asc.out, Kineticxxx) n
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Mechanism looks weird or simple. only one reaction? n
    • Eason_23
      Subscriber
      Yes, because the exact mechanism of the reaction is not clear, it's just a simple mechanism.n
    • Eason_23
      Subscriber
      This is the chem.out file.nn
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      It is stating: Mechanism Input Error.n
    • Eason_23
      Subscriber
      How can I solve this problem? Because it shuts down automatically every time Fluent is imported.n
    • Eason_23
      Subscriber
      I have tried Ansys18.2 and 19.2, but the same problems still occur.n
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Can you try reading another mechanism? There are some which are provided in the installation directory of fluent (fluentxx\Kinetics\data)n
    • Eason_23
      Subscriber
      I have tried, this is the chem.out file. The reaction mechanism is correct, but Fluent still shuts down automatically after import.nn
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      I am reading one standard mechanism in Fluent Standalone on pipe mesh (generic) everything in butter. So I cannot reproduce the crash on your side (I am using 21R1).n
    • Eason_23
      Subscriber
      Hello Amine,nThank you for your reply! But I don't have Ansysr21, can you share your standard mechanism with me? I'd like to try it on ANSYS2020R2.nMany thanks.nnn
    • Eason_23
      Subscriber
      Hello Amine,nThank you for your reply! But I don't have Ansysr21, can you share your standard mechanism with me? I'd like to try it on ANSYS2020R2.nMany thanks.nn
Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.