May 3, 2022 at 7:40 amfeidSubscriber
I am now using the function of farfield3dintegrate to integrate the intensity in the far-field, which is very convenient and powerful. However, this general function has some limitations. Therefore, I want to learn the original scripts behind this function. I wonder if I could find the detailed script of this function anywhere.
FeiMay 3, 2022 at 8:59 pmGuilin SunAnsys EmployeeI am not sure what the limitations you are referring. It is used to integrated the total intensity inside a cone under (ux,uy) coordinate, which is the farfield coordinate Lumerical uses. Details can be found here
May 4, 2022 at 11:33 amfeidSubscriberThanks for the answer. Yes, I did go through the detailed information.
I wonder if I can get the script behind the function of farfield3dintegrate (know how this function works, just as that in Matlab).
May 4, 2022 at 2:59 pmGuilin SunAnsys EmployeeUnfortunately it is the source code as you know.
However the formula is given and you can do your self using the integration as you have the raw data.
Viewing 3 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Questions about the calculation of the cross-polarization conversion efficiency of metasurface
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Error on Lumerical device
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Lumerical – error message when trying to open from Linux terminal
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.