January 29, 2021 at 10:03 amYukikoSubscriberI wonder what is the difference between rectangle and box.nHow HFSS calculate rectangle or box?nHow is the thickness of rectangle?nPlease tell me the difference.n
January 29, 2021 at 10:18 amPraneethAnsys EmployeeHi Yukiko,nA box is a 3D object while a rectangle is a 2D object. nFor 2D objects the thickness is zero.nThe AEDT tool will do inter conversions between the 3D and 2D object based on the inputs given by the user. For example a box with zero thickness will be categorized as sheet and if you increase the thickness of the sheet then it becomes solid.nAll the best.nBest Regards,nn
January 29, 2021 at 10:32 amYukikoSubscriberThank you for your quick reply!nn
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Running ANSYS HFSS on multiple nodes on SLURM based cluster
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Process ‘3dtds’ terminated abnormally
- HFSS: reset marker legend dimensions.
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.