October 4, 2017 at 12:20 pmpglAnsys EmployeeActually the equivalent stress of beam elements is not stored in Explicit Dynamics system by Autodyn solver. That's why you observed the value "0" when plotting equivalent stress of the beam elements. Autodyn solver uses bending moments plus stress resultants to evaluate the stress information for beams elements, which is often used in many technical publications. Higher bending moments and higher stress resultants result in higher stress in the beam elements. Bending deformation is measured by bending moments at beam nodes. Higher bending moment usually corresponds to higher bending stress in the beam elements with the same cross-section. In Explicit Dynamics system, user can plot the bending moments (BM.YI, BM.YJ, BM.ZI, and BM.ZJ) in Autodyn GUI at beam nodes. User can also plot the stress resultant F_AXIAL (axial force of a beam element) and MOM_TOR (torsional moment of a beam element) via User-Defined Results. The axial strain of a beam element can be plotted by Principal Strain plot (Strain_1).
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to deal with the error message about “You have specified result time (or frequency) = xxxx for a
- Can I define springs with coincident nodes defining each end? Can I use one spring element to define
- If SCDM issues the message “Cannot open the document. Reason: Failed to load body geometry.” and the
- Any suggestions on speeding up convergence behavior with surface-to-surface radiation?
- In a harmonic analysis, is the damping produced by MP,DMPR; TB,SDAMP; and DMPSTR constant vs frequen
- What is cause of error: display time for result item greater than the step end time?
- While projecting surfaces/curves onto cylindrical surfaces, the final shape sometimes deteriorates.
- How can I do a response spectrum analysis using more than 10,000 modes? The current solver limit is
- Why the section plane icon is grayed out in Mechanical windows ? How to make the section plane windo
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.