September 28, 2022 at 8:52 amliangjb27Subscriber
As I did use the AQWA to model and solve the dynamic response of the NAUTILUS-10 semi-submersible platform in frequency domain, e.g., the added mass and radiation damping，I found the non-zero values of these properties for the non-diagonal items, i.e., the coupling items on the direction of 45, 46, 56, as shown in the figure below. In these two figures, the“x454656_”represents the simulation data from the platform report and the other three curves are our simulations. As a platform with symmetric geometry and mooring line distribution, the coupling items should be zeros. We are curious why the non-zero values exist on these three coupling items. Can you help to find the problem and give your suggestions. Thank you!
October 6, 2022 at 9:45 amMike PettitAnsys Employee
For anyone else with a similar question, please see the answer here: https://forum.ansys.com/forums/topic/the-frequency-domain-analysis-of-a-symmetrical-body-in-aqwa/
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- unable to open files in ansys
- How to move duplicated ansys project position in workbench GUI
- Download MATLAB toolbox AnsysAAS
- An unknown error with memory occurred during solution.
- Error: Unable to open some designs in this project – Corrupted project files
- Desginpoints in Ansys 18.2 workbench got stuck at the stage of updating model in static structural
- Ansys solving system coupling problems on a remote cluster does not provide constant results.
- ANSYS Multi field 2-way FSI data coupling issue
- Material constant Damping calculation
- Different initial temperature conditions for two different object in transient-thermal
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.