August 30, 2022 at 2:38 pmmaria.marinariSubscriber
I have been having some problems with creating a new mesh for an old geometry file. I loaded the geometry into a new workbench when I opened the geometry in the mesher I got this message:
"The mesh generation did not complete due to poor quality elements or incorrect input. Please try meshing with another mesh method or different mesh options."
When I went back to the original workbench I found that I get the same message in the old file.
I think it might be something to do with changing the name of something at some point or some other type of corruption. Is there any way to figure out what the issue is exactly so I can try to figure out a solution?
Please let me know if any other information would be helpful.
August 30, 2022 at 3:51 pmRobAnsys Employee
Did you get any geometry when you opened the Meshing tool? Images might help.
August 30, 2022 at 4:22 pmmaria.marinariSubscriber
I think my geometry was just too complicated. I had a bunch of slices through it for meshing purposes once I got rid of those it all worked fine.
All the best,
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- ANSYS Workbench Measuring within Design
- Conformal vs Non-Conformal Mesh
- Error in meshing
- Meshing Error
- The mesh file exporter could not resolve cyclic dependencies in overlapping contact regions error
- Ansys 19.0 – will not create mesh
- Dealing with inflation layers around sharp corners in Ansys workbench meshing
- How to resolve Mesh Failure
- Can I view which mesh files (the names of them) are loaded into Fluent?
- Mesh Generation Taking a Long Time