Fluids

Fluids

The number of parcel in generating the fluidized bed model

• ddltd
      Subscriber

In my fluidized bed mode with volume fraction around 50%, the parcel diameter was reduced due to the default diameter is bigger than the cell size. Consequently,  the number of parcels injected on the surface and tracked per each time-step increased to double, however, the number of parcels that were plotted with the Particle Tracks tool doesn' changed. Could you help me to explain it?

Thank you!

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Hello,

Could you please kindly elaborate on your comment "the parcel diameter was reduced due to the default diameter is bigger than the cell size"?

Are you saying you manually made the change to ensure a lower parcel size than your cell size and are unable to see this change during post-processing?

Could you please share some screenshots of your problem? I'd like to understand your problem better.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Karthik

• ddltd
      Subscriber

Hi Kremella,

2 images are uploaded. The first one shows the parcels with the diameter of 1.4e-4m, and some are bigger than the smallest cell on the injection surface, then there are some overlapping parcels. The total tracked parcels are 683 as same as the number of cells on the injection surface. Next, the second one shows the parcels with the defined diameter of 1e-4 m. The total tracked parcels are 2052 as listed in the console window, however, only 684 parcels were rendered. Where are the remaining parcels?

Thank you and regards,

ddltd.

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Both images are showing the same number of injected parcels which fits the number of cell zones. 

I would assume the parcels are overlapped so that you will have for the same cell 3 parcels. 

• ddltd
      Subscriber
      How is the interaction between overlapped parcels? I got the floating point error with the infinity continuity residual, and I saw the clouds of partially overlapping parcels. Do you think the overlapped injection parcels are the cause of this error?
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

They do not see another if particle-particle interactions are not accounted for. Only volumetric blockage is accounted if you model the whole thing with DDPM. Just stop the injection after the first particles have been patched or are expecting a continuous injection (i do not think so).

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.