Fluids

Fluids

The Nusselt number plotting in ansys

• FERO86
      Subscriber

Recently i carried out the simulation of Rayleigh-Benard convection inside a Rectangle (Aspect ratio 2:1). For comparing the results with one of the paper. The simulated results plot of Nusselt number vs X (distance) for Ra (rayleigh number 10^4) with boundary conditions: top plate = 325 k, Bottom plate= 295 k, Side walls= adiabatic, fluid: water, Pr= 6.57. are as follow

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Read the Nusselt Number definition in the User's Guide, then look at the values it's using. n
    • YasserSelima
      Subscriber
      What is the reference length you are using? Compare it to the characteristic length used in the papern
    • FERO86
      Subscriber

What is the reference length you are using? Compare it to the characteristic length used in the paperhttps://forum.ansys.com/discussion/comment/111466#Comment_111466

Characteristic length which i have used is the height (H) of the rectangle same which is used in paper.n
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Also check the reference temperature on which the htc is based and compare to the formulation used in the pape.I remember in the past in similar exercise I just exported the heat flux at the wall along the a line or whatever and made post processing to get Nu outside of the code.n
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Good luck.n
    • FERO86
      Subscriber
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Welcome!n
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.