March 22, 2021 at 6:30 pmTaylor RobertsonAnsys Employee
The Plasma model, or more commonly called Drude model is a simple, and widely used analytical expression for to describe the optical properties of materials with free charge carriers. Particularly metallic substance such as Au, Ag and some alloys.
Lumerical’s material database offers several models from different references, and we encourage users to apply these widely cited models. However if users want to use analytical expression for some materials with the Drude model, they will need to find those parameters:
ε: permittivity ωP: plasma resonance in units of rad/s νC: plasma collision in units of rad/sViewing 0 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.