LS Dyna

LS Dyna

The result file cannot be opened, Solver cannot write results

• adarwich
      Subscriber

I have an issue with static structural calculation, i am getting the resullts done but whem i am adding deformation and stress for evaluation, i am getting errors as shown below:

Error: An error occurred when the post processor attempted to load a specific result. Please review all messages.

Warning: Current result file may not contain requested result data . Please clear the solution and solve again.

Warning: The result file cannot be opened.

The model represent a guillotine mechanism, a falling knife on a branch to evaluate the deformation and stresses on the Knife.

• Ram Gopisetti
      Ansys Employee
      I want to know the outcomes with the following modifications
      1) if you got this via an archive file or move the main workbench file away from solve directory, I guess you need to clear the generated solution and data and solve the entire model.
      2) if you could able to show us the solver output, it shows the reason for such termination errors.check solver director if solver output is not visible (.out file)
      cheers, Ram
    • adarwich
      Subscriber

Thanks for your reply
      The results were not via an archive file neither moved the main file from solve directory.
      The following picture is the solver outputs.

• adarwich
      Subscriber
      I tried to run the simulation while deactivating "distributed" in the solve field, it started to solve but stuck on the 5%.
      I have an INTEL core i5 9600K (6 cores) if that might help.
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      Try deleting the three results under the solution branch and creating fresh result requests.
    • adarwich
      Subscriber
      i have tried that, still getting the same errors.
      i assume that the problem is with the solver not the parameters but i am not sure tbh.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.